Paceco dam has been built in the ‘80th with the main function of avoiding the risk of flood in Trapani City (Sicily).
Main Features of the Dam
- Volume of the retention basin: 15×106 m3
- Type: zoned earthfill dam with clay impervious core
- Reservoir capacity: 400.000 m3
- Crest length: 400 m
- Maximum height: 40 m
- Spillway type: ungated type
The dam foundation consists of greyish blue fissured clays (Plio-Pleistocene), covered with gravel, sand and silti (recent alluvium).
Services provided by Sering technicians
- Detailed design of foundations
- Selection and control of materials for dam construction
- Supervision of works
- Monitoring during and after construction