The primary objective of the project is to dualize the existing road from the industrial area of Buraimi to Mahdah, in Buarimi Governorate, ensuring an any weather connection between the two centres and reducing the number of accidents. The road starts from Al Buraimi Hospital Junction and ends near Mahdah Town. The alignment generally follows the existing road except at some places where the horizontal alignment was modified.
- Frequent fatal accidents
- Flooding due to the presence of many wadis; for a long trunk, the existing road goes across wadi beds, in correspondence of the connection area between the wadi Al Fath, with wadi Qumayra, wadi al Uqaybah and wadi Shukayyah
- The wadi are crossed only by Irish crossings
- Mahdah during flooding events becomes totally inaccessible
Services provided by Sering International
- Feasibility Study
- Preliminary Design
- Detailed Design
- Tender Documents
- Construction Supervision
Design activities involved:
- solving safety and hydraulic issues
- resolving all conflicts or eventual crossings of future railway line
- providing grade-separated interchanges at major road intersections and underpasses/overpasses for u-turns at reasonable intervals
- improving existing junctions and provides new junctions, side-walks, parking areas, street lighting etc.
- providing laybys, ROP emergency /ambulance areas etc., in coordination with relevant authorities.
The Feasibility Study, the Preliminary Design and the Detailed Design have been approved by the Client